NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Trustees of the Tyler Junior College District will meet at 10:00 a.m. on the 26th day of July, 2012, in the Board Conference Room, White Administrative Services Center, at the College in the City of Tyler, Texas, for the purpose of addressing the following agenda:
1. Work session on finances.
2. Discussion regarding selection process for architects for the nursing and health sciences facility.
3. Discussion regarding progress on the nursing and health sciences facility.
4. Discussion regarding proposed revisions to the Board Policy Manual.
5. Discussion regarding consent agenda items.
NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Trustees of the Tyler Junior College District will meet at 11:00 a.m. on the 26th of July, 2012, in the Board Room, White Administrative Services Center, at the College in the City of Tyler, Texas, for the purpose of addressing the following agenda:
1. Administration of oath of office to newly elected trustees.
2. Consideration of resolution in memory of James Barnes.
3. Consideration of minutes of the meeting held on May 23, 2012.
4. Consideration of tax abatement agreement with Centene Company of Texas, L.P.
5. Update on general obligation bonds.
6. Report on Costa Rica service project.
7. Consideration of proposal to increase tax revenues for 2012 and set dates for public hearings.
8. Consideration of salaries for the 2012-2013 year.
9. Consideration of revisions to the Tyler Junior College Board Policy Manual.
10. Consideration of monthly financial and investment reports.
11. Consent agenda:
a. consideration of easement agreement between Tyler Economic Development Council and Tyler Junior College for TEDC access to the TEDC parcel via Earl Campbell Parkway and South Bennett Avenue.
b. consideration of auditor engagement letter from Gollob Morgan Peddy & Co. PC for the 2012 audit.
c. consideration of agreements for miscellaneous architectural and engineering services for projects of limited scope between Tyler Junior College and The C.T. Brannon Corporation; Estes, McClure & Associates, Inc.; Eubanks Harris Roberts Craig Architects, Inc.; Fitzpatrick Architects, Inc.; and Freese & Nichols, Inc.
d. consideration of Region VII Education Service Center Purchasing Cooperative Inter-Local Agreement.
e. consideration of campus safety security audit.
f. consideration of agreement between Tyler Junior College and Suddenlink for increase in bandwidth.
g. consideration of addendum to Mechanical Concepts agreement.
h. consideration of contract for Dawn of the Dinosaurs exhibit for the Center of Earth and Space Science education.
12. President?s Report on upcoming events.
13. Closed meeting:
a. personnel matters (Government Code 551.074) including appointment, resignation, retirement and leave of absence of faculty and staff.
b. consideration of recommendation of the president regarding the reemployment or non-reemployment of a faculty member.
c. deliberation regarding real property (Government Code 551.072).
Release Date: 7/23/2012
Bid Opening or Event Date: 07/26/2012