NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Trustees of the Tyler Junior College District will meet at 10:00 a.m. on the 16th day of February, 2005, in the Board Conference Room, White Administrative Services Center, at the College in the City of Tyler, Texas, for the purpose of addressing the following agenda:
1. Work session on finances.
NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Trustees of the Tyler Junior College District will meet at 11:00 a.m. on the 16th day of February, 2005, in the Board Room, White Administrative Services Center, at the College in the City of Tyler, Texas, for the purpose of addressing the following agenda:
1. Consideration of resolution in memory of Dr. Earl C. Kinzie.
2. Canvass and adoption of an order declaring the results of the tax rollback election held on February 5, 2005.
3. Consideration of minutes of meetings held on December 8 and December 16, 2004.
4. Consideration of resolutions authorizing the president of the Board of Trustees to execute deeds for the sale of delinquent tax properties in Smith County.
5. Report on parking lot and tennis court projects.
6. Public comment as allowed under Tyler Junior College Board Policy Manual, Sec. 212501, Board Meetings: Public Participation.
7. Consideration of interlocal agreement between Smith County and Tyler Junior College for conducting an election.
8. Consideration of addition to Tyler Junior College Board Policy Manual, Sec. 212501, Compensation and Benefits: Salaries ? DEA (Local).
9. Consideration of participation in the State Employee Charitable Campaign.
10. Consideration of increase in dormitory rate for 2005-2006 school year.
11. Consideration of monthly financial and investment reports.
12. Consent agenda:
a. consideration of standard form of agreement between Tyler Junior College and Eubanks-Harris Architects, Inc. for band hall (new construction, addition, renovation) and Wagstaff Gymnasium phase II (dressing room addition).
b. consideration of amendment to agreement between Tyler Junior College and Valley Services, Inc. ($0.79 increase to all meal rates under the board plan).
c. consideration of replacement of four security system recorders for physical plant, West Campus, Bateman Hall and Claridge Hall ($24,000).
d. consideration of construction of three new office spaces on the first floor of the White Administrative Services Center ($14,500).
e. consideration of addendum agreement between Tyler Junior College and 3D/International, Inc. for development of Child Development Center design and bidding documents ($66,000).
f. consideration of contract between Tyler Junior College and the General Land Office for fixed and indexed gas sales prices (cost varies).
g. consideration of approval of nonexclusive assignment of right to use easement area by Merit Tyler Property in favor of Tyler Junior College (one-half of all obligations and liabilities).
h. consideration of agreement between Tyler Junior College and Smith County Chapter of American Red Cross for community training (no cost).
i. consideration of clinical affiliation agreements between Tyler Junior College and various health care facilities (no cost).
13. President?s Report on upcoming events.
14. Closed meeting.
a. personnel matters (Government Code 551.074) including appointment, resignation, retirement and leave of absence of faculty and staff.
b. deliberation regarding real property (Government Code 551.072).
Release Date: 2/15/2005
Bid Opening or Event Date: