NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Trustees of the Tyler Junior College District will meet at 10:00 a.m. on the 29th day of June, 2006 in the Board Conference Room, White Administrative Services Center, at the College in the City of Tyler, Texas, for the purpose of addressing the following agenda:
1. Work session on budget and finances.
NOTICE OF MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Trustees of the Tyler Junior College District will meet at 11:00 a.m. on the 29th day of June, 2006, in the Board Room, White Administrative Services Center, at the College in the City of Tyler, Texas, for the purpose of addressing the following agenda:
1. Consideration of minutes of meeting held on May 24, 2006.
2. Consideration of agreement between Tyler Junior College and Perdue, Brandon, Fielder, Collins and Mott, LLP to enter into a contract to collect the abatement penalty for R. Ford Johnson, individually, and as lesser to Astro Machine Works and Molecular Separation Technologies, LP.
3. Presentation on proposed financing for new residence hall project.
4. Update on Banner project.
5. Discussion of draft of 2006-2007 budget.
6. Consideration of 2006-2007 salaries.
7. Consideration of monthly financial and investment reports.
8. Consideration of proposal to increase tax revenues for 2006 and set dates for public hearings.
9. Consideration of change in financing bank for VoIP telephone system.
10. Consideration of appointment to the Tax Increment Financing Board for the Lindale Reinvestment Zone Number One.
11. Consideration of changes in the 2006-2007 College Catalog.
12. Consent agenda:
a. consideration of clinical affiliation agreements between Tyler Junior College and various healthcare agencies (no cost).
b. consideration of addendum of services agreement with Phillips Productions, Inc. for continuation of marketing consulting services effective July 1, 2006 ($6,000/month).
c. consideration of renewal of contract between Tyler Junior College and Xerox for copy, fax and scanner equipment ($15,053/month).
d. consideration of capital project expenditure requests for: office furnishings for provost ($9,548); developing preliminary plans to renovate the Tri-C building into an academic advising and testing center ($3,500); installing 20 computer work stations in Potter Hall, room 104 ($12,187); preparing and painting the exterior of Lewis Hall ($6,565); preparing and painting the exterior of West Hall ($6,575); installing a glass partition for an office space on the third floor of the White Administrative Services Center ($6,407); reconfiguring the computer lab, painting and replacing flooring in Jenkins Hall, room 1108 ($6,278); procuring and installing band instrument storage cabinets ($43,406); constructing shelving in Pirtle Technology, room 312 ($3,300); renovating photo lab in Phase I Pirtle Technology ($4,750); renovating room 248 in Pirtle Technology ($8,300); and renovating computer center office space ($64,200).
13. Consideration of tennis court classroom/locker room facility (Phase III).
14. President?s Report on upcoming events.
15. Closed meeting.
a. personnel matters (Government Code 551.074) including appointment, resignation, retirement, leave of absence of faculty and staff and executive contract.
Release Date: 6/26/2006
Bid Opening or Event Date: