Welcome to the orientation for TJC distance education students. Read this information carefully. It will help you learn what you need to be successful in your online courses.
Important: This orientation does not replace the course-specific orientation in your online course.
Here's what you will learn:
- How to know if you are ready to take a distance education course
- How to find your course orientation meeting date and time
- How to access your online course
- How to use Apache Online (the online course management system where your course is located)
- What computer hardware and software capabilities are required
- What technical skills are required for most Internet classes
- How to obtain technical support
- Where to access the Internet on campus
- What student services are available to you
- What are the generally accepted rules of behavior in an Internet class
- What is the TJC Student Code of Conduct
- How to find information about accommodations for students with disabilities
If You Have Questions
If you have any questions, contact your instructor or the TJC Distance Education department. You can find contact information on the TJC Distance Education Web site.
To continue, click the next page link at the bottom of this page or the Next link at the top of the page.
Download the Free Adobe Reader
To view some of the files in this orientation, you will need Adobe Reader. You can download it free from the Adobe Web site.